A quick update on some work in progress.
I'd wanted this Dragon kit for some time, and I think Dragon first put this kit out about 10 years back, maybe even longer.
I was put off by the high price of the kit and was glad when I saw one online at a reasonable price. The box was a little dog-eared but the contents were complete.
And to be honest I'm glad I found this cheap because when I took it out of the box, I noticed the flexible tracks were in a little plastic bag which was full of a kind of sticky oil.
Very strange I thought.
Then a kind of "Quatermass and the Pit" event happened as I took them out of the bag - after their years of being preserved in there, they crumbled and cracked into little pieces !
So now I've got myself a lovely Ersatz M10 with no tracks.
I've gone the quick route to solving this and susbstituted the whole track and bogie assembly with a one-piece set taken off an old CC-Lee Panther kit I had in the stash that I never got around to building.
Now undercoated on the painting table waiting for a little free time over the weekend to try and finish it off.
So, a lesson learned with regard to this Dragon kit and its old flexible tracks - over the years they leach oil and fall to bits.
In spite of the track problem, I've got a vehicle I've wanted for quite some time.